Monday, December 15, 2008

Meal Plan Monday

I am getting a jump start on my New Year's resolution this year- better meal planning and more meals at home. I feel like I have really gotten out of the habit of cooking and my husband and I both have the waistlines (or lack thereof) to prove it. I have been inspired by the ladies over at Grocery Cart Challenge she feeds a family of six on $60.00 per week!
I am going to try to use less processed foods in the coming year, but for the first few weeks, until I use up what we have and slowly replace it with healthier choices, you may see processed items on the list. Plus, we are big hamburger helper fans around here, so I am sure it will make its appearance here and there to. I am going to try and stick to a grocery (food items only) budget of $20.00 per week as I go shopping. We are pretty frugal and eat with family a few times a week, and eat out on occaison, so this should not be too diffucult.

Here is the plan for this week:

Monday
Lunch: Leftover chicken strips and broccoli cheese rice
Dinner: Chicken tortilla soup with tortilla chips

Tuesday
Lunch: Corn dogs
Dinner: With family

Wednesday
Lunch: Pizza Knots from an Auntie Ann's fundraiser
Dinner: Deersteak and Rice

Thursday
Lunch: Lunch date with Luke and Donna Moore (We are going to Ruby Tuesdays, one of our favorite places. They recently delivered coupons for $10.00 your total ticket, which means that Tyler and I can both eat, frugally, for around $12-15 dollars. That's exciting!)
Dinner: Breakfast for dinner, including sausage, biscuits, gravy, and eggs for four people as the Bennett's are coming over that night!

Friday
Lunch: Chili and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Dinner: Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper

Saturday
Lunch: Pancakes and Bacon
Dinner: Hashbrown Potato Soup

Sunday
Lunch: With Family
Dinner: Out to eat

Grocery List
3lbs of cheap hamburger meat, plan to use rinse method found here
Milk
Bacon
Bread

I have everything else on hand. Not bad at all!

Okay, so there you have it, my first Meal Plan Monday Post!

0 comments: