Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Time... and Deven's first ear infection

Well, Tyler and I have been on "Fall Break" this week, but it has really felt like no break at all. The both of us has been swamped with school projects and worse of all, our sweet baby girl has been sick. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday Tyler worked full days on campus and then on Thursday we had lunch at Papa Starks (my 92 year old grandpa's). It seems the crowd gets smaller every year. It was particularly sad this year because his health has really gone down hill a ton in the last year. He didn't really interact with anyone that was there too much, just ate and slept in his recliner, bless his heart. That evening, we had dinner with Pat and Justin Register and Justin's Mom and Dad, who were visiting from Alabama. It was a nice change of pace and it was good to see them.


On Friday I worked a split shift in The Children's Place in the mall. 6am-11am and then 5pm-10pm. I did manage to squeeze in a lunch date with my Aunt Pam, Uncle Bill, their two girls and Uncle Rob and Aunt Rhonda and their daughter as well as my Nana, Papa Rascal, and my sister Lyndsey. We ate at Mazzio's pizza which seems like no big deal to most people, but my Nana and Papa probably eat out once a year and it's almost always at Coltons so for them to go to a pizza place is one of the most unlikely things ever. On Saturday, we made the trip from Jonesboro to Hardy to visit with some of Tyler's dad's family. They have a "family house" up there just across the highway from the Spring River. It is honestly one of my favorite places to go. It is not much to look at, just an old house with a wood burning stove and not even air conditioning, but I know when I am there with family there is nowhere else I would rather be. Here are some pictures from the day:
Click to play Thanksgiving in Hardy
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


On Sunday morning during church Deven began to get extremely fussy and her fever spiked at a 103.5 at Nana's that afternoon. She refused to eat and just screamed constantly. Sunday night and all day to today was pretty much no better. She didn't want to eat, sleep or anything- just be held. The Lord was faithful and the only opening her clinic had open for the afternoon was with her pediatrician. Come to find out she has an ear infection in her left ear. We have her on ear drops, antibiotics, and Tylenol now so hopefully she will feel better soon. I know her daddy and I both are glad she is sleeping tonight!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and if you're like me, you can hardly wait until Christmas!

1 comments:

Beth said...

Hey guys! The slideshow of your Thanksgiving is so cute! The picture of all the kids in the tree cracks me up! Everytime we go visit Carl's Mom in Wynne my kids think they have to climb the tree in her front yard! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and be sure and keep us posted on the progress of baby #2:)